Things to Know for 78259 Homesellers
Choose the Right Realtor
For 78259 homesellers, ensure you’re selecting a full-time real estate agent who has a proven track record of success and comes highly recommended. It’s important that the person you trust to sell your home is experienced, knowledgeable about your neighborhood, up to date on current market trends and will guide you throughout the entire process.
Selling your home involves several different professionals. Make sure your agent has good relationships with reputable home inspectors, home stagers, photographers, title companies, mortgage lenders and others to ensure a smooth transaction.
Choose the Right Listing Price
Look at your house through the eyes of a buyer. Be as objective as you can. Together we can evaluate the property’s current condition, look at other similar recent sales and create an estimate of the property’s current market value, with the goal of helping you get the highest, most realistic price possible.
Preparing Your Home
This is absolutely the most important step for 78259 homesellers. Even in a seller’s market, it’s not enough to just stick a sign in the yard and populate on all the major real estate sites. Buyers purchase off emotion, marketing only works when your realtor invests in the upfront preparation of your home. It’s important to select a realtor who offers the following:
- Home Staging: If you watch home makeover shows, you’ve seen the power of staging to completely transform the look and feel of a room. Staging is especially important if the house is vacant. When you select us as your real estate guide, you get FREE professional home staging. We know that staging with attractive new furniture and accessories can add thousands of dollars to the home’s perceived value, as well as help a buyer understand what a room is used for. A buyer has to be able to imagine themselves in the home, or they simply move on to the next listing.
- Professional Photography: After the home staging is implemented, it is important for your real estate guide to hire a professional photographer who can truly capture your home at its best. With 90% of home searches starting online, it’s extremely important to have magazine quality photos to entice the home buyer to tour your home in person. We provide this service for all of our 78259 homesellers at no cost.
- Professional Copywriter: Our copywriter will write a compelling description about your home. Remember, buyers, purchase off emotion. It’s important to have someone who can illustrate in a story format all the great features of your home.
Marketing That Attracts Buyers
This is your realtor’s most important task. After your home is properly prepped as outlined above, it is now ready to hit the market! Depending on what works in your area, your realtor may also generate leads with social media, print ads, signage, direct mail, open houses and targeted door knocks.
Please note, whichever real estate company you decide on, all listings are showcased on major websites such as Zillow, Trulia, Realtor.com, Keller Williams, Coldwell Banker and every other real estate website out there.
Your realtor is responsible for setting showings, hosting open houses and handling all of the enquiries about your listing. When calls and emails come in, we will find out as much as possible about the prospective buyer from the buyer’s agent and/or the buyer themselves like:
- What is the offer?
- What are the terms?
- Is the potential buyer pre-qualified or pre-approved for a mortgage?
- Do they have to sell their home before they can buy yours?
- Do they want immediate occupancy?
- What contingencies are they asking for?
These and other factors will help you evaluate how serious the buyer is, and how likely they are to be able to complete the transaction.
Choose the Right Offer
When your agent has priced the house correctly and has the right marketing strategy, our goal is to generate more than one offer for our 78259 homesellers to choose from. When an offer comes in, we will present it to you with our assessment of the offer. Home repair credits, assistance with closing costs and requested settlement date are all factors you may take into consideration. We’ll help you evaluate multiple offers to figure out which one makes the most sense and is most likely to close.
Closing the Transaction
Once you’ve accepted a contract on the house, we’ll coordinate with the buyer’s agent, home inspector, appraiser, title company, lender and other professionals to make sure the deal comes together and ensure work is done in a timely manner, with the least disruption to you and your family. We will also come to the closing with you to make sure your interests are represented all the way through the process.
Looking To Sell Your Home?
Our expert guide to listing and selling your home will guarantee a successful sell.